How is a life in Christ lived without passion any different from spiritual deadness?
Jesus, let my relationship with You be continually reaching new depths. Let this intimacy with You ignite a burning fire in my heart for You. Do not let me waste a single moment You have given me on this earth, for it is all a gift, a gift I do not deserve.
Paul was a passionate man. He was passionate for Christ and the Gospel. He was also passionate before he became a Christian. For the wrong things, yes, but passionate nonetheless. The Lord will spit out those who are lukewarm. What is more pathetic, more pitiable, than a lukewarm Christian? You have CHRIST! How are you NOT passionately, wildly in love with Him!?
Oh Jesus. I have no words. I am engulfed by thirst for You. Please satisfy me daily. Have mercy on me for my lack of desire for You.
Your sacrifice on the cross is called "The Passion" for a reason.
Wow, this was very powerful and encouraging to read. I like how you wrote of how courage and strength are drawn from the Word, not from ourselves, and how this courage and strength (from God) leads us to Truth and to action. It's so exciting. God is Truth and is amazing how He leads us to Himself. How He gives us purpose. How He makes us new. How He even uses us for His glory and good plans. <3
ReplyDelete