Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Perfection

God existed in perfect community within the Trinity before anything else existed. The joy and the love that flows from that community and His desire to share it with others is what prompted His selfless heart to create other beings... to create us. We were created to be called up into that perfect community with Him. We were created to love Him and to be loved by Him. We are His beloved.

Jesus, I want to be in that community with You, Your Father, and Your Spirit and experience that intimacy for which I was created. We are relational beings by nature. We were created to be in relationships... our earthly relationships should be a reflection of and ultimately bring glory to the Trinity. Unfortunately we are not perfect, and our relationships will inevitably fail to be that reflection of the Trinity that they are supposed to be.

Lord, please take my heart. It is Yours. It belongs to You; You have purchased it with Your blood. Please do with it what You will. Would you pierce it? Go ahead. Would you break it? You can do that too. Would you crush it? It is Yours. I don't want it, because I know that whatever I do with it -- whether I build up walls around it or give it away to all the wrong people -- will be nothing like the plans that You have for it. It is in no place safer than in Your hands. I hide my heart with You, with the One it was always meant to be given away to.

And even when all the words in the world can't express the inner workings of my heart, You know exactly what is going on. Thank You for that. And for so many countless other things.

You are perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment