...No, it's worth fighting for.
As I wrote an email to my cousin not ten minutes ago, I ended it with a line from a Paramore song. The song is originally about how they actually made it big as a band (I think) -- they could have given up under the assumption that it's nearly impossible, that the world doesn't even need another band, that they're not good enough; any of those excuses could have been reason enough to throw in the towel. But they decided to make their dream a reality, and that's what my cousin and I are doing with a ridiculously awesome idea we have for next summer.
I don't want to divulge the details too much at the moment, as the blueprints for it are still being worked out, but it's going to be amazing. Just thinking about it makes me speechless, mostly because I don't know how to tell you about the incredibly high levels of awesome this idea has without giving it all away. But just know that it will be worth following the blog when it happens. Because we will blog it... perhaps even in video form.
Throughout the course of your life, I think that God will give you someone to enhance your living experience, so to speak. All of us have friends, of course, but what I'm talking about is someone that brings out the best in you in such a way that makes you want to go out and live. I guess, you could say, someone whose presence inspires you, who makes you believe you can do anything. For most people, this is a significant other -- a boyfriend or a girlfriend. And if God has it in His plans to give me a husband one day, I'm sure that man will inspire me to do great things with my life. For right now, though, I think this person is my cousin. She and I have been sharing our lives and dreams for, literally, as long as I can remember. We have had so many ideas for things that we want to do throughout these past 19 years, but unfortunately obstacles such as money, societal regulations, the laws of physics, and sanity keep us from doing them. But not this time.
It's like when you were younger and you used to play hide and seek. As the seeker, there was something you would always yell after counting, even if you didn't necessarily know what it meant (I sure didn't know what I was saying). Well, next summer, I'll be done counting.
Ready or not, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment