Sometimes, I really just want to grab my best friend, get in a car, and drive -- oh, and bring the iPod, too. That's how this past Spring Break has been for me. It's not that I'm looking to escape anything in particular, except maybe these cold winter nights, but I really just want everything behind me and the world before me. Isn't it sad that you can't spend your life traveling the world unless you have a ton of money? Because lately I've been finding that's all I really want to do. That, and help people. If I could be some super-vagabond that spends her entire life helping out strangers and never having a permanent home, I think I'd die a happy woman.
It's weird; usually I am so quick to obey the authority and orders of others, but there is this part of me that just won't die. This part of me that hates being told what to do, that just wants to ignore all the rules and go run around in a field whilst wearing a white dress, and then collapse in a fit of laughter. There's still this part of me that wants to gaze at the night sky in wonder, that wants to color the trees purple and the grass orange, that is afraid of the dark, that giggles at cheesy jokes. There's still this part of me that is a child, and I really don't think it's going to ever go away.
Which is a really great thing, once I think about it. Besides the fact that I'm going into the Elementary Education field, it reminds me that I still am a child -- a daughter of God, to be more specific. Isn't it great to know that you can just fall back into His arms when you feel like you can't handle everything that's going on? Isn't it awesome to know that when you're confused or lost, you can just look up into His eyes and say, "Daddy, You lead the way"? (Even though He really should have been the entire time, but... you know how we like to take control of our own lives so very often.)
Just to connect the dots, there's a part of me that will always be a bright-eyed child that wants to take on the world, even if I don't like showing that to anybody else. And with Jesus, I can be.
God makes my heart explode with love. The beauty of His face is evident throughout all of creation. I wish I could spend my life traveling the world, seeing His signature in the corner of His artwork.
No comments:
Post a Comment